A high performance flame retardant that is also environmentally-friendly. Does it exist?
Yes, finally it does. Apyrum is an effective and environmentally friendly flame retardant technology which can be integrated into the production processes of a wide range of materials. Let us explain.
Apyrum is an environmentally-friendly system consisting primarily of carboxylates which form natural salts. All of the raw materials used in the production of Apyrum are substanses that are approved and commonly used in the food industry.
Can be used in several materials
Apyrum can be used in several materials such as natural and synthetic fibres, some polymers like PVC, cellulose-based material. Theoretically Apyrum could be used in any material and we are continuously develop the Apyrum technology. It also functions synergistic with other flame retardants and could add functionality and value to other systems.
Advantages and special attributes
In addition to being stable and highly durable, Apyrum fulfils the demands made on a high-performance flame retardant. Moreover, it possesses additional advantages that make the product even better:
- Environmentally friendly throughout the product’s entire life cycle
- High performance flame retardant properties such as self-extinguishing attributes, reduced heat release, and improved smoke suppression
- Provides flame retardant properties to a wide variety of materials
- Cost effective
How Apyrum works
Apyrum is an intumescent (char-building) flame retardant system that functions in many different ways depending on the state and properties of the treated material:
- Endothermic reaction with effective thermal energy absorption
- Intumescent/charring reaction which also counteracts the dripping of material in solid state
- Creates char layer insulation preventing fuel from coming in contact with the heat source, blocking oxygen.
- Smoke suppressant