Textiles and non-woven
Apyrum can be used with a great many textiles and non-wovens, where the most common method of application is to impregnate the material with flame retardant.
Example of fibres that can be treated are cotton, wool, and a variety of other natural and synthetic fibres. For flame-retardant textiles and non-wovens, Apyrum is used in liquid form and added in production by impregnation. It can also be applied afterwards, but must then be followed by a drying process.
Depending on the amount of flame retardant used and the properties of the paper, different fire classes can be achieved.
Impregnation and application process
The most common method of application is to put the material through a bath of Apyrum and then press out the excess liquid using rollers. In those cases where surface protection is sufficient, it is suitable to spray Apyrum on the material.
It is important to optimize the amount of flame retardant used since the balance between the active substance and material weight as well as it’s inherent fire properties are that which determines the result.
Expected results & properties
- Material that has been fire retardant with Apyrum can meet very high fire demands, such as SIS 65 00 82. This means the material is self-extinguishing when removing the flame.
- Further example of fire requirements are DIN 4102 B1-B2, EN 13501 Class B / C, and BS 5852: Part 1 (1979) and Part 2 (1982))
- Low smoke release.
- Depending on the amount of Apyrum, some cases may affect the physical and mechanical properties.
- Superior environmental performance.
- Free from borax, urea, nitrogen and ammonia.
Choice of Apyrum product
There are several alternative Apyrum products that could be used depending on the end product. It is most probably a liquid product consisting of water and Apyrum in the form of a water-soluble salt.
The amount of active substance is adapted through optimization to the textile’s fire properties and to the degree of fire protection that is required. We have different variations of Apyrum that are suited to different fibre and processes.
The different versions of Apyrum that can be used is:
Apyrum 201 BIO-FR CANVAS
Apyrum 201 Heavy
Also Apyrum 101 can be an alternative